We all love chocolate. Dark, milk or white, whatever. Still, chocolate is more than just a delicious candy. It's an excellent ingredient for more complex chocolate desserts. the best? Of course the lava cake.
We're not going to lie; lava cakes aren't particularly easy to make if you want restaurant-quality results. After all, getting a hard crust and melted chocolate core is no easy task. Pastry chefs often include a frozen chocolate ganache in these desserts, which melts nicely in the oven. This is a professional move.
good news? There's an easy way to make lava cakes at home, and they're as pretty as fancy restaurant cakes.
Why make lava cake?
Lava cake is a unique dessert full of flavor and the smoothest, most runny texture. They're the perfect example of a decadent dessert that's always ready for action at the most memorable dinner parties.
Making lava cakes at home is a great way to treat your friends and family with a restaurant-quality dessert that will leave them wanting more. And more: These beauties are ready in under an hour!
Serve your lava cake with chocolate or vanilla ice cream straight from the oven, or drizzle with chocolate syrup for extra chocolaty goodness. This is a great dessert recipe.
What's in a lava cake?
To make lava cake at home, you need real dark chocolate. So buy it at a bakery supply store. You can also use dark or milk chocolate for a milder dessert.
You will also need flour, eggs, vanilla extract and sugar. that's it! A tablespoon of cocoa powder gives your lava cakes a beautiful look and helps you get them out of the molds.
When you're ready, let's check out our easy chocolate lava cake recipe. The stickiest and shiniest chocolate filling awaits, let's get started! For best results, make these desserts just before serving. After all, lava cakes are best eaten straight from the oven while the chocolate core is still hot!
Lava Cake Recipe
Serving Size: 6
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
• 4 ounces butter, plus more for lubrication
• 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
• 3 eggs
• 1/2 cup granulated sugar
• 4 ounces dark chocolate
• ¼ cup all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and butter 6 ramekins. Sprinkle with cocoa powder and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar until smooth.
3. Melt dark chocolate in microwave in 30 second pulses until soft and shiny.
4. Pour the chocolate into the egg mixture, add the flour and vanilla extract.
5. Pour into molds and bake for 10-15 minutes, until the edges are cooked but the center is still soft.
6. Carefully remove from mold and serve.
7. Or sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with vanilla ice cream.