Poppy is a unique ingredient. They are old, but somehow always trendy. Little crunchy seeds add color, flavor, and texture to any baking project, and they've become the most exciting culinary seeds.
What about poppy seeds and why not a classic bundt cake? Bundt cakes are never too dry or crunchy, too sweet or overpowering; they are mild and easy to enjoy. The doughnut-shaped cake gets its name from the Bundt pan that gives it its shape, and it became very popular in the 1960s.
Bundt cakes are still popular and very popular. You are a classic. The Bundt pan is more than just a shape. It bakes the cake evenly inside and out, giving it the loveliest golden crust while keeping the crumb moist and fluffy. Let's talk about our Poppy Seed Ring Cake recipe.
Why Make Poppy Seed Bundt Cake?
Gugelhupfkuchen is delicious, looks good, and you can eat it for special occasions. Inviting friends over for a cup of tea or coffee is certainly enough to bake bundt cakes that make every gathering a memorable evening.
Bundt cakes are also customizable. You can spice them up with any exciting result. This is where poppy seeds come into play. Tiny seeds add texture and color to an already delicious cake, resulting in an amazing cake that's as good as you'll find in any bakery.
did you know? Some countries do not allow poppy seeds because they come from the opium poppy, a plant used to extract opioids used in narcotics. Of course, eating poppy seeds is completely safe, although in rare cases it can lead to false positive drug test results!
What is Poppy Seed Gugelhupf?
For poppy seed ring cake, you will need flour, eggs, butter, sugar and baking powder. Do these sound familiar? Bundt cakes are regular sponge cakes so they are easy to make! You also need poppy seeds to create this beauty. Isn't it easy?
Poppy Seed Gugelhupf's Recipe
Serving Size: 8-10
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 60 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 30 minutes
• 1.5 cups butter, softened
• 2 cups granulated sugar
• 4 eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 4 tablespoons poppy seeds
• 1 cup of milk
• Spray cooking oil
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a Bundt cake pan with cooking oil. Set aside.
2. Using a hand mixer, beat the softened butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat eggs one at a time, adding vanilla extract.
3. In a second bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and poppy seeds.
4. Add the dry mix to the wet mix while stirring. Slowly pour in the milk.
5. Pour batter into greased Bundt cake pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until cooked through.
6. Cool on a wire rack before demolding.
7. Optionally, garnish with a layer of powdered sugar and a dash of milk.